(Capcom's primary storyline)
Umbrella U.S.A. was a subsidiary of Umbrella Pharmaceuticals. It served as a holding company administrating Umbrella business in the United States. It was highly-influential over the federal government in the 1990s, but it was legally barred from business in the US as a result of the 1998 Raccoon City Destruction Incident.
Role and structureEdit
Umbrella U.S.A. was founded as a holding company for administrating Umbrella business in the United States, not taking part in the production of actual products, themselves. Umbrella U.S.A. was headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, which had significant internal business dealings with its facilities in Raccoon City. Externally, Umbrella U.S.A. had a major rivalry with Umbrella Europe, which consisted of a number of laboratories clustered around Europe, with the Sixth Laboratory being its major developer.
Umbrella U.S.A. oversaw the development of such B.O.W.s as the Hunter series. Umbrella Europe would later copy their data (whether with permission or not) for use in their own bio-weapons, developing the Hunter γ as a result. In 1998, Joel Allman served as the company's Vice President.
In response to the Raccoon City Destruction Incident, which took place from September–October 1998, the US President declared a "suspension of business decree", prohibiting the company from operating in the United States.
Facilities under U.S.A. jurisdictionEdit
- Arklay Laboratory: A Laboratory located in Raccoon Forest, way up in the Arklay Mountains camouflaged as a mansion designed by George Trevor for Oswell E. Spencer. Umbrella conducted most of its t-Virus experiments there, including the creation of the Tyrant.
- Umbrella Research Center: Also known as the Umbrella Research Center, this building was managed by James Marcus for the purpose of training future Umbrella employees. It was officially closed down in 1978, though Marcus continued his research there until his assassination in 1988. An investigative unit was sent in 1998 to inspect the facility for reopening purposes.
- Unnamed Chicago Laboratory: The facility John Clemens, Ada Wong's deceased boyfriend, worked for before transferring to Arklay Laboratory. William Birkin used to visit this branch to conduct a monthly training seminar.
- Raccoon City Underground Laboratory: A facility established during the late 1980s for the sole purpose of William Birkin's G-Virus project. It can only be entered through a cable car system within Raccoon City's sewers, and is also connected to the Research Center.
- Incineration Disposal Plant P-12A: A facility hidden within an abandoned factory in Raccoon City, used to chemically destroy dead and unusable specimens. Potent contributor to the release of the virus into the city.
- Umbrella R&D Center: A large facility used to test the combat capabilities of B.O.W.s. An experimental serum was developed there to combat the t-Virus.