Okay, so, I've decided to do a feature on the Family. In RE6, they were the ones who infected Adam with the C-Virus, among other things. The game's ending only left more questions. After a couple of days, I came up with some theories:
1. The Family could be the 3rd Organization that Ada works for.
2. Jessica and Raymond from RE: Revelations work for the Family, judging from the final cutscene in the game.
3. The Family could be split into two different divisions that don't see eye to eye, hench the events of RE6 with Simmons on one side and Ada on the other.
4. Benford could've been a member of the Family. Remember the Family's email concerning Benford at nohopeleft.com.
5. Helena may have been a member of the Family, which would explain Simmons' actions towards her and Deborah in RE6. In RE wiki concerning Deborah: 'Helena has been known to be very protective of her sister, having shot an abusive ex-boyfriend of Deborah's and wounded him. It is likely due to her sister's protective nature that Deborah was kidnapped and used to get her sister to help Simmons.' I suspect that Helena and Simmons were close at one time in the Family, but something must have happened to bring them to this point. Also, I think he wanted to use Helena and Benford as an example to those thinking of turning on the Family.
6. Alex Wesker is actually alive and the head of the Family.
7. Wesker in RE5 was not the real Albert Wesker. Remember when Carla went crazy near the end of Ada's campaign? It reminded me alot of Wesker in RE5, especially towards the end. So, Albert created the clone himself to make the world think that he really died so that he can hunt Alex. Knowing that the clone would be unstable, he commanded it from behind the scenes, probably through the PG67A/W injections. Remember in RE4 when Saddler can control those who had Las Plagus within them. The real Wesker was counting on Chris, Jill and Sheva figuring out the serum, knowing that an overdose would cause the clone to go insane. Also, if you remember in Umbrella Chronicles, Sergei Vladmir have clones of himself, so Wesker could've gotten the info through the Red Queen. Finally, Alexander Ashford created Alexia and Alfred by trying to clone Veronica Ashford, hench Wesker's actions in Code: Veronica.
8. Jake is actually a clone of Albert Wesker created by Alex. Both Alex and Albert were the two remaining Wesker Children and Alex may have been jealous of Albert, so he wanted an Albert that he can mold into his own image and gotten some of his DNA sometime during the 1977-1978 time period without Wesker knowing. But, Jake was a disappointment and Alex would probably compare him to Albert a lot. Maybe Jake escaped from the Family and somehow lost his memory, leading him to believe that he was a mercenary in an attempt to block out Alex's abuse and give himself a sense of purpose. Also, Carla may have found out the truth and decided to twist it when she captures Jake.
9. Jake is really Alex Wesker's son, not Albert's. Again, both Alex and Albert were the two remaining Wesker Children and Alex may have been jealous of Albert. But, Jake was a disappointment and Alex would probably compare him to Albert a lot, even injecting him with Albert's DNA at some point. Maybe Jake escaped from the Family and somehow lost his memory, leading him to believe that he was a mercenary in an attempt to block out Alex's abuse and give himself a sense of purpose.
10. Sherry is a mole for the Family. Sherry works for the DSO, so she found out that Adam was going to confess everything. When she and Jake were captured twice by Neo-Umbrella, she wasn't killed, even though Jake was more important, so she could've been working behind the scenes. Also, in Jake's ending, I found out that it was Jake's blood that she was going to deliver to the UN, but was it some of the blood and the Family has the rest? Finally, in RE wiki concerning Sherry is the following: 'Several years later, after being experiemented on and analyzed for antibodies, and not wanting to be the government's lab rat anymore, Sherry's only bargaining chip out of custody was to become an agent for the United States, working under Derek Simmons.' So, Simmons may have manipulated Sherry in joining the Family, convincing her that the Family will truly care for her, unlike the government who see her as an object thanks to the G-Virus and her friends who abandoned her as a child. Although Sherry said that they were her closest friends, we don't really know the true nature of Sherry, Leon and Claire's relationship after Raccoon City and Sherry may feel some resentment towards them because of everything she had to deal with.
11. Sherry is secretly working with Wesker while being a mole in the Family. Remember that Albert Wesker had many spies in the US government keeping an eye on Sherry, so it wouldn't be hard for him to get to her. Wesker also might have twisted the truth about Raccoon City, making it seem that RPD was responsible for their parents' deaths. Remember, Leon and STARS were RPD and Claire is Chris' sister, so Sherry will want to get revenge against them. Again, when she and Jake were captured twice by Neo-Umbrella, she wasn't killed, even though Jake was more important, so Wesker could have spies in Neo-Umbrella as well to make her performance look convincing to Jake and get more intel on the Family. Also, in Jake's ending, I found out that it was Jake's blood that she was going to deliver it to the UN, but was it some of the blood and Wesker has the rest? It also supports theory 7.
12. Alex Wesker could be Albert Wesker's biological brother. I was thinking about what Chris said to Jake saying you have your father in you and that would make sense if Jake was really Alex's son and would support theory 9.
13. In RE wiki, they said in 1991, Wesker requested to transfer to the Umbrella's Intelligence Bureau and Jake was born around 1992. Since we don't know that much about Jake's mom, I'm guessing that the Umbrella's Intelligence Bureau was somewhere around Edonia where she was working as an Umbrella employee. She and Wesker met and started a relationship, which resulted in Jake being born. For reasons unknown, the relationship ended and maybe Alex approached her and wanted her to join the Family. Obviously pissed off at Albert, she joins and has Jake. Jake had to support his mother, so he became a mercenary, which means that he was away a lot, so she would've been in contact with Alex and the Family during that time and monitoring Jake's progress. Also, I think that the C-Virus came from Jake's blood and his mother headed the project, since Jake's blood carried the antibodies and if something went wrong with the virus, they can easily create a vaccine, which is why Jake was so sought after.
14. Carla Radames could be Jake's mom. She may have been in love with Simmons, but Simmons was obsessed with Ada. With Albert or Alex no longer in her life, she would do anything to be with Simmons, even turning herself into Ada. After learning that plan backfired, she wanted revenge by using the C-Virus. Also, Jake's a mercenary and was away from his mother a lot. It also supports theories 8, 9 and 12.
15. In the Life without Freedom transcript: Following the Raccoon City Incident, the U.S. government decided to take Sherry Birkin in to custody and keep her under observation because of the trace amount of the G-Virus that remained in her blood. Claire Redfield stayed by Sherry's side during the time she had to suffer through daily tests and experiments. While it was Claire who provided emotional support, it was Derek Simmons who became her legal guardian. Claire visited Sherry as often as she could, trying to help Sherry overcome all the trauma she had endured. Sherry idolized Claire, and was determined to be just like her: a strong, capable woman. Derek was not without compassion for the orphaned girl, and he allowed Claire, a civilian, to visit and comfort Sherry, even through the girl's existence was a closely guarded state secret. In total, Sherry spent 11 years in the hands of the government. It wasn't until 2000 that she was given any freedom. This supports theory 10.
16. In the Family transcript on RE Wiki: Derek C. Simmons is the current head of a secret organization known only as The Family. The Family was founded by one of Derek's ancestors before the United States was even founded, and its vast network of wealth and power extends throughout the globe. The Family has been manipulating the course of human development for a long time. Their ostensible goal is to maintain stability in the world, but its true motivation lies in exploiting events to benefit its members. For now, they believe maintaining that stability is contingent upon keeping the United States at the top of the pyramid of world power. If the truth about the U.S. government's connections to Umbrella's bioweapons program were to get out, it would destabilize the world and remove America from the top of that hierarchy of power. Derek sets into motion a plan that will launch a bioterrorist attack and assassinate the president, thus preserving The Family's designs on power and stability. This supports theories 2 thru 10, 12, 14 and 15.
17. The Simmons Family could actually be Albert Wesker's birth family. Notice how Derek kind of looks like Albert. This would also explain why Albert was chosen as a Wesker child.
18. The Simmons Family may have had a relationship with the founders of UMBRELLA. This supports theory 17.
19. William Birkin may have secretly working with the Family during his time in UMBRELLA. This supports theories 4, 16 and 18.
20. With Simmons dead, Sherry could be the new head of the Family and the main Antagonist of RE7. This supports theories 10, 11, 15, 18 and 19.
21. Albert Wesker could be the real power behind Neo-Umbrella and was controlling Carla from behind the scenes. This supports theories 7 and 11.
Anyway, those are my theories on the Family. Knowing Capcom, there's DLC and hopefully we'll know more about the Family, but I doubt it. But, overall, Capcom really dropped the ball with RE6 and that's really sad because it had potential to be great and wrap everything up.
Finally, I would do more theories and analysis, but I have a very busy schedule ahead of me, so go to http://residentevil.wikia.com/Category:Resident_Evil_6_files for more info and a big thanks to Tridenter of RE Wiki for the link. I did this without even knowing about the link and this is a big help to help me understand more of RE6. Also, feel free to make your own theories and let me know what you've come up with. :D