Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This page is devoted to tips and strategy for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City multiplayer. See the game's main page for detailed information about plot, gameplay, and more.
General Tips Edit
- Above all else, communication is key. The teams that talk, call out enemies, and coordinate attacks the best will always win.
- Character specific melee is key to obtaining items- for example if you are low on health there is an increased chance of a herb to drop from an enemy if you do your character specific melee.
- Stick together. Your allies will save your life.
- Position yourself when using health sprays to maximize its benefit to your entire team.
- Pick up weapons that are better than your own and always top-up on ammo.
- Each class has its own set of unique abilities. Learn them all of them so you know what your enemies can do at a glance.
- Clear zombies in your area, but leave them be if just passing through. They might attack your enemies instead.
- Use the zombies to your advantage - attack your enemy when they are distracted or use the zombies as cover.
- Killing monsters earns you points, but killing enemy players is far more valuable.
- Grenades are incredibly powerful. Use them to knock down, flush out, or impede the progress of opponents.
- Incendiary grenades can backfire. Use caution.
- Use herbs whenever possible, even if just to deny them to opponents.
- Shoot locks off crates to snag power weapons, but remember they have limited ammo.
- If infected, move away from teammates and immediately search or call out for antiviral spray.
- The surveillance class has expanded navigation powers. If playing surveillance, call out enemy movement for your team.
Biohazard Mode Edit
- Speed is key. Move to the vials quickly.
- Defend or pursue vial carriers at all costs.
- Notify your team if you capture the vial and report your location and route.
- Focus on scoring a point when near your base, even if being attacked.
- Try bouncing grenades off walls in front of you to slow pursuers without having to turn around.
- Cut enemy vial carriers off by heading directly towards their base instead trying to find them.
- Cloaking is useful, but does not hide the vial or its telltale purple glow.
Heroes Mode Edit
- Heroes are harder to kill, but not invulnerable. Use caution.
- Due to this heartiness, most deaths will occur in close range. Plan accordingly.
- If you die, you will respawn as a normal character. You are now a meat shield. Protect your remaining heroes at all cost.
- You can still be infected at the normal rate. However it takes longer to turn and you have a good amount of health before you need to worry. But do be aware that you can't outlast the infection no matter what seek antiviral sprays or comunicate with your team to have a Medic cure the infection. Locate antiviral sprays before getting into too much conflict to avoid having problems.
- Be sure to use the surveliance class to locate enemy players so your remaining hero(s) can avoid conflict.
- If you die, pick a class that can benefit the remaining hero(s). Medic and field scientist are good examples.
- If you are feeling confident in your teams hero(s) survivability select the assault class and use the super soldier class to go eliminate the enemy however do not engage heros in CQC(Close Quarters Combat) for you can't execute them and they can execute you.
Survivor Mode Edit
- While you can win without your teammates, helping them helps you in the long run.
- Survive first and foremost, but kill your enemies when possible to lengthen their respawn time.
- Cloaking at the recon class may allow you to approach the helicopter undetected.
- Do not rush the helicopter immediately unless the area is completely clear. Instead, hold back and pick off competitors easily while they board.
- Try to board as a team so your allies can have your back.
- Do not stand on helipad when the helicopter lands or you will be squished.
- Use grenades to clear the landing area and impede the ability for opponents to approach.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Dossier – Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City". PlayStation: Le Magazine Officiel - France (Yellow Media) (49): 44–53. April 2011.
- ↑ RE: Operation Raccoon City out winter for PS3, 360, PC. VG247. Retrieved on March 28, 2011.