The Water Sample puzzle is a complex puzzle featured in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. It involves the shifting of blocks to recreate a specific combination.
After placing the Water Sample into the machine, you are shown the panel. It displays five view-screens:
- Screen 1 - The desired combination of blocks.
- Screen 2 - The 'A' blocks, red.
- Screen 3 - The 'B' blocks, yellow.
- Screen 4 - The 'C' blocks, blue.
- Screen 5 - The recreation of Screen 1, based on the order of the above three.
In order to recreate the combination shown in the top screen, the 'A'; 'B' and 'C' blocks must be shifted - each of the three can be moved to the left or right to change the order. It should be noted that if 'B' has a block where 'C' does not, the 'B' block will fall to the bottom when displayed in the recreation; it will not simply float.
There are four solutions to the puzzle:
1. A: 4 right, B: 2 left, C: 2 left
2. A: 1 right, B: 1 right, C: 2 left
3. A: 1 left, B: 2 left, C: 2 right
4. A: 1 right, B: 3 right, C: 1 left
Note: It's different each time you play.
- BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE OFFICIAL GUIDEBOOK. Famitsu. 1999.