Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wesker Mode is an extra gameplay mode in the Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster.
Wesker Mode is an extra gameplay mode for the main campaign. After completing the game once, the mode can be selected from the "Extras" menu on the main menu. In the mode, Albert Wesker—who replaces Billy Coen—accompanies a P30-injected Rebecca Chambers. All of the original full-motion video sequences in the campaign remain the same, while the in-game cutscenes feature the alternate costumes.
Wesker possesses a unique set of abilities in Wesker Mode:
- Shadow Dash - By holding the Run/Reload button, Wesker will assume a lowered stance. By letting go of the button, Wesker will charge forward. The player can change his direction by moving the keys/analog stick in the desired direction and pressing the Run/Reload button. By pressing the Run/Reload button again by itself, Wesker will stop dashing. Wesker will also stop dashing when he collides with obstacles, stairs/doorways to other rooms, or when he is attacked by an enemy.
- Death Stare - While holding the Aim button, the player can press and hold the Status button to charge Wesker's attack. Then, by releasing the Status button, Wesker will unleash a powerful ranged blast of energy. Wesker is surrounded by an aura while charging the attack: white indicating an initial charge, yellow/orange indicating a moderate charge, and red indicating a maximum charge. The longer the attack is charged, the more damage it will cause. Its effectiveness also depends on how the player is positioned and the enemy type being targeted.
- Mixing herbs - Unlike Billy, Wesker is able to mix herbs.
Despite Rebecca's appearance, her gameplay is unchanged.
Upon completing Wesker Mode for the first time, Rebecca's "Team Wesker" costume is unlocked in the main campaign. In addition, no gameplay rank is received after completing Wesker Mode.
Wesker is based on his appearance in Resident Evil 5 rather than his appearance in Zero. He does not wear his trench coat from 5. During gameplay, Wesker's eyes glow bright red similar to his appearance in Resident Evil CODE:Veronica. His eyes do not glow during cutscenes.
Rebecca has pale skin and glowing red eyes, similar to Wesker's. Her hair is also much darker. She wears a P30 injection device on her chest—as Jill Valentine wore in Resident Evil 5—and a black tactical jumpsuit.
- Although Billy's cutscene dialogue is unchanged, all additional in-game dialogue (such as battle grunts and partner commands) use D. C. Douglas' voice.[Note 1]
- ↑ According to Douglas' official website, the HD Remaster utilized his previously recorded acting instead of providing new audio.
- ↑ Resident Evil 0 - Wesker Mode on YouTube.com
- ↑ Video Interview with Resident Evil 0 Producer Tsukasa Takenaka
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XW5UVMjRfM - Wesker Mode gameplay
- ↑ CREDITS: Film & Television Resume for D.C. Douglas. Retrieved on 20 January 2016.