(Capcom's primary storyline)
Zoe lived with the Baker Family on the Plantation in Dulvey, Louisiana, with her parents and older brother Lucas. Zoe did an art project she did in the fourth grade of her and her family which hung in the dining room.
She had a domestic spat between her and Marguerite, that got so heated Zoe pulled a knife on her own mother, proving that the Bakers didn't have the best of relationships. There was another incident where Zoe called Lucas a pervert for watching her do yoga.
As Zoe watched a news report on the storms experienced, Jack returned from the bayou, bringing a survivor with him, Eveline. While he carried her to Lucas' old room, Marguerite requested Zoe to bring a change of clothes to the girl. Going into Lucas' old room, Jack left Zoe to clean her up and change her clothes while he checked the Old House. Before she could do anything, Eveline woke up and left the room, leaving it dark.
Zoe, explored the house, believing a power-cut had taken place. She found Lucas unconscious and heard the mumblings of her mother. Finding her mother in the bathroom, Marguerite grabbed Zoe, muttering about the gift the girl, called Eveline, had given her and tried to force feed her a centipede from her mouth. Jack arrived and pushed Marguerite away. Struggling, he told Zoe to retrieve some rope from the garage. When she returned, she found her father trying to drown her mother. Though he seemed normal at first, Jack grabbed at her and menced her by cutting open his chest, claiming that doing so would show devotion to Eveline. Zoe fled the house, using the rope to hold one of the doors shut from Jack and watched as he dragged Lucas to meet Eveline.
Successfully escaping from Jack and Marguerite, Zoe fled to the trailer, where she found another survivor, Mia Winters, lying on the floor. She found a letter on the table and read it, learning about Eveline and finding a strange head. Upon hearing the voice of Eveline, Zoe turned around to find her standing behind her. As the girl grabbed her arm, Zoe fell unconscious.
Later, Zoe woke up at the dining table, convinced that the night she had experienced was simply a dream and tried to explain the situation. However, she was abruptly stopped by Jack, who explained plans to prepare for damage following the storm. After he gave her and her mother instruction, Eveline appeared and addressed her as "sister", shocking Zoe.
Living as an outcast Edit
Unlike the rest of her family, Zoe failed to fall under Eveline's mind control despite being infected and refused to partake in the family's murderous activities, choosing instead to isolate herself from them in her trailer in the yard. Since she now possessed Eveline's "gift", the rest of her family appeared to be content with her isolation from them and made no attempts to force her into being part of their new family. They did however prevent Zoe from escaping and did not allow her to leave the property. Realizing her family was beyond saving, Zoe attempted to cure herself and escape multiple times by assisting her family's kidnap victims in escaping, though none of them survived.
Working with Ethan Edit
When Mia's husband, Ethan, arrived at the plantation following a message sent to him by Mia, Zoe managed to get in contact with him by telephone, following a struggle between him and Mia. At first, she told him to escape the Guesthouse, using the attic window, but he was caught by her father before he could do so. Whilst Ethan was unconscious, Zoe reattached his severed hand, which had been removed in a scuffle with Mia, and gave him a Genome Codex to monitor his health.
After Ethan had escaped Jack, Zoe contacted him, and would provide information about the house and hints on where to go. After Ethan escaped the main house on the plantation, apparently killing Jack in the process, he found her trailer and was once again contacted by Zoe. She asked him to search the old house for the recipe to serum, warning him of her mother. After Ethan found the recipe, Zoe called him. Telling her that they needed a D-Series head and arm, Zoe, realizing the value of the head she had found, went to retrieve it whilst telling Ethan to find the arm.
Zoe, once again, contacted Ethan, following his fight with her mother and finding the D-Series arm. Telling him to meet her at the trailer, she was ambushed by Lucas and taken to the Boathouse, where she and Mia where kept. Later Ethan found them, meeting Zoe face to face for the first time. Asking if he brought the items for the serum, Ethan confirmed he had and released her from her bindings.
Being able to make only two vials, she gave them to Ethan and fled as her father, having survived his encounter with Ethan but mutated into a large mass of mold, busts through the wall. As Ethan fought off Jack, Zoe and Mia fled to safety. As Jack attacked, Zoe told Ethan to use one of the vials on her father, killing him for sure. As he broke the news to Mia, Ethan was forced to choose whether to cure Zoe or Mia.
Ethan chooses to save Mia, making Zoe feel betrayed and demands that they leave and chooses to stay behind. She is later encountered by Ethan inside Eveline's shared consciousness alongside her father. During this encounter, Jack begs Ethan to kill Eveline and "free my family".
Blue Umbrella's special forces team survey the Baker Ranch and report to Chris Redfield that no survivors were found via radio. However, Zoe survived, despite being calcified by Eveline in retaliation for helping Ethan and Mia escape. Zoe was found by a man named Joe who states that they're gonna fix this, as they are family.
Zoe loves her family, but realizes that they have been transformed into monsters. It is implied that she has helped multiple "visitors" to the farm when she remarked that Ethan is the only one who has made it "this far" after he escaped to the yard. Her helpfulness, however, could be self-motivated, as she wants to escape her own house and her monstrous family members. Also, having lived at the house, she would know the ways in and out.
Zoe's attire consists of a white tank top, blue jeans, and brown flats on her feet. Zoe also has unkempt short hair.
In the main game, she only interacts with Ethan by communicating with him through the telephones that are scattered throughout the Baker ranch.
- If Ethan chooses to save Zoe, they leave in the boat and watch as they leave Mia behind. As they follow downstream, Zoe reveals to Ethan how she and her family had become infected. As they reach the shipwreck in the swamp, Ethan, wanting to find out what had happened, stopped the boat to explore. However, before he can leave, Eveline attacks them. Begging her to stop, Zoe is killed when Eveline calcifies her body, killing her. Her body is presumably completely destroyed when the boat was capsized.
- Regardless of Ethan's choice, Zoe also appeared in Ethan's contact with her father, her mind still linked to Eveline's consciousness. This mental image presumably died along with Eveline when she was destroyed by Ethan.
- Zoe was the unseen figure who calls the protagonist in the Beginning Hour demo, in a similar manner to how she contacts Ethan though her voice lacks the southern accent featured in the game. She would only call after the player had explored the house and obtained the basement key; the only way to reach her was the house phone in the attic. However, as of the final December 2016 update, Zoe will no longer contact the protagonist and in the final version of the game, Zoe says Ethan is the only person she saw escape from the Bakers' house.
- Prior to Ethan's arrival, Zoe has helped previous victims of the Baker family in an attempt to escape the house, with every one of them meeting an unfortunate end. Annoyed by this, Jack prevented the would-be survivors from reaching her trailer by hiding the three reliefs.
- ↑ Jack's Journal Fragment
- ↑ Lucas' Fuck-You List
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/15/9-changes-to-resident-evil-7s-beginning-hour-demo